ASLM Fellowships Programme
Increasing the capacity of laboratory professionals in Africa
The ASLM Fellowships Programme provides short- and long-term opportunities to support capacity building projects and professional development throughout Africa in a number of areas, including:
- Enhancing patient care and ensuring improved access to safe, affordable diagnostics
- Improving service delivery to meet growing health priorities and local demand
- Strengthening laboratory networks, surveillance, and quality
- Supporting impact assessments and surveys
- Conducting operational research in the areas of HIV, TB, malaria, STIs, and global health security
- Institutionalising the importance of accurate and reliable diagnosis
- Assisting with the evaluation and appropriate use of diagnostics and innovative point-of-care testing
- Establishing various biomarkers to assess disease burden in the community and manage patients
Duration and Funding:
ASLM will deploy Fellows to the field as trained professionals across a range of different projects for a span of 1-2 years, as well as for short-term individual periods of days or weeks. Financial support for Fellows will cover all required expenses for official travel, training, and stipends.
Eligibility Criteria for Fellows:
Fellows applying to the programme can include biomedical technologists and mid-level to advanced scientists (Bachelors, Master’s or PhD level) in the biomedical sciences or related fields. A track record of work experience is expected, and strong communication skills are preferred.
Interested in becoming an ASLM Fellow? Complete this form to be considered for future and current announcements.Apply Now!