Summary of Director of Administrative Officer Position:
|Position Title||ID||Type||Position Date||Job Location|
|Administrative Officer||2016-1182||Regular Full-Time||7/18/2016||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.|
The Administrative Officer reports to the Director of Finance/CEO . Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, human resources, and contracts management, as well as general administration and other special projects as assigned.
- Serve as delegated authority for administrative duties as delegated by CEO and Board Of Directors.
- Under guidance from HR leadership, serve as approver for all personnel action requests prepared by ASLM staff, including requests for recruitment, promotions, reassignments, special compensations, etc.
- Evaluate all personnel action requests to insure actions not only comply with policy and local labor laws, but also are equitable and consistent within the organization.
- Ensure any approved training needs are met and work with training personnel to establish and schedule new training initiatives and classes, as warranted.
- Ensure Inventory control.
- Be responsible for HRIS data integrity, including keeping the information current. In addition, provide personnel reporting and tracking reports to management in order to better forecast trends in hiring and attrition.
- Ensure management and employees are advised of personnel program initiatives and personnel responsibilities and regulations.
- Work with top management within ASLM in resolving staffing, personnel grievances, and other employee relations issues.
- Work with HR management to annually coordinate performance review process.
- Develop, Coordinate and review contracts and negotiation procedures to ensure they are completed in a timely and compliant fashion.
- Supervise development of inter/intra agency agreements, reimbursable agreements and grants management.
- Ensure that the scope of work adheres to ASLM’s mission.
- Issues guidelines and policies concerning the funding of support projects.
- May serve as the principal liaison with other organizations, including donor organizations.
- Work with other ASLM staff to assist and support on any other projects as necessary.
- Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information, as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentation and communication of work-related information to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree a must, Master’s preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years experience, with 2 years in a relevant field required
- Experience with concepts, principles, laws and regulations that apply to the Human Resources and Contracting processes in order to serve as a valued partner to ASLM leadership a must.
- Past experience in advanced management and organization principles and practices a plus.
- Knowledge of the organization’s structure, mission, goals and objectives preferred.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements related to human resources, USG contracting, and other administrative functions a must.
- Comfort and competence in everyday accounting and office technology, including strong computer skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Supervisor.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to think and work independently while handling multiple projects and priorities. At the same time, ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to visualise, articulate, conceptualise, and solve complex problems.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and ability to be self-directed.
- Seasoned professional who knows how to get things done on time.
- Persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic, fast paced, highly motivated team in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- International NGO, non-profit, social enterprise, and/or academic organisation experience preferred.Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.