Summary of Programme Assistant
|Position Title||Duration||Type||Position Date||Job Location|
|Programme Assistant||Yearly. Renewed depending on the availability of funds||Regular Full-Time||1/12/2017||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.|
The African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM) is a pan-African professional body working to advocate for the critical role and needs of laboratory medicine and networks throughout Africa. Africa is rapidly growing but faces major health challenges including epidemics of HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria, and new priorities such as Ebola and other global health security threats. Strengthened laboratory capacity and surveillance in Africa are critical to overcoming the burden of disease and ensuring a healthy future for the continent. ASLM addresses these challenges by working collaboratively with governments, local and international organizations, implementing partners, and the private sector.
Programme Assistant: Job Description/Scope of Work
Work closely with the Programme Coordinator to coordinate logistics and support cradle-to-grave delivery of services to ensure effective and efficient implementation of ASLM programmes.
Specific tasks can include:
- Arrange travel logistics for ASLM consultants, contractors, staff, board members, and/or implementation partners
- Support execution of meeting logistics: development and dissemination of invitation letters, logistics update, evaluations, and other materials
- Contribute to and participate in weekly general planning discussions
- Assist with maintaining operations-related vendor relationships
- Ensure all procurement guidelines are adhered to when procurement is done
- Draft and coordinate the signing of ASLM contracts
- Maintain a database of ASLM contracts and ensure adherence with contract deadlines
- Ensure that all financial transactions (expense reports and advances) are checked, reviewed, and submitted in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Make initial market assessment reliable suppliers to endure goods and service availability and supply capacity
- Execute tasks as assigned by management
- A degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Economics or any other related fields.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills required. Speaking French is an advantage.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to think and work independently while handling multiple projects and priorities. At the same time, ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize, and solve complex problems.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and ability to be self-directed.
- Experienced professional who knows how to get things done – on time and on budget.
- Persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Experience working in an International NGO or non-profit organization is an advantage.
Please submit your resume and application letter online to: Apply for this job online
Please note that all applications should apply online by close 5:30pm (EAT) Monday, February 20, 2017.
*ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.